Cauliflower Curry with Paneer
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recipe makes 4 servings
per serving (1/4 recipe)
1/2 head cauliflower
200 grams paneer cheese
50 grams butter
5 tablespoons tikka paste
1 cup cream
1/2 cup greek yoghurt
Serve over caulflower rice with fresh mint or coriander and 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and cut the paneer into 1.5cm cubes.
- In a large frying pan that has a lid, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the paneer and fry for 4 - 5 minutes, gently turning, until golden on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and melt. Add the cauliflower and toss for 2 - 3 minutes until starting to lightly brown.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and cover. Cook over medium heat for 4- 5 minutes until the water has absorbed and the cauliflower is lightly steamed.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tikka paste, cream and 1/2 cup greek yoghurt. Add to the frying pan and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the cauliflower is almost cooked through. Add the fried paneer and stir through until heated.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with additional greek yoghurt and fresh mint or coriander.