3 cups penne pasta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (30 mL)
500 g pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup dry white wine (125 mL)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
4 cups of fresh baby spinach.
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a bit more olive oil and add the garlic. Cook, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice and zest; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach, chicken and the cooked pasta. Cover and let stand until the spinach is just wilted.
- Divide among 4 plates and top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Serving size: scant 2 cups
Per serving: 334 calories
12 g fat; 2 g fiber; 25 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein