2 tsp vegetable oil
400g lean beef steak (rump or sirloin)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 yellow or red peppers deseeded and sliced
200g broccoli, cut into small florets
4 spring onions, sliced
2 pak choi (bok choy), sliced
1 small tin (200g) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
2 tbsp oyster sauce
Each 293 g serving contains
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok. Trim any fat from the steak, cut into thin strips and add to the pan.
- Stir-fry for 1–2 minutes to seal, add the garlic, peppers, broccoli florets and spring onions, along with 2 tbsp water.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes, add the pak choi, water chestnuts and oyster sauce. Allow to heat through thoroughly and serve immediately.
- You could use lean pork or chicken in place of beef.
- For a veggie version, use firm tofu cut into strips. Fry for 3–4 mins each side then remove from the pan, cook the rest of the ingredients, add the tofu back, mix well and serve.