Tofu stuffed portobello mushrooms
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
per serving (1/2 recipe)
2 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
1 tsp olive oil
3 spring onions, finely chopped
150g tofu, finely chopped
100g frozen spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
good pinch black pepper
2 small tsp tahini
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil (drizzle1 Tbsp over each mushroom cap)
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4. Place the mushroom caps (top-side down) onto a lightly-oiled baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then finely chop the mushroom stems and add to the pan with the spring onions and tofu.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the spinach and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing regularly.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the tahini, mustard and basil.
- Mound each mushroom with the tofu mixture and bake for 15- 20 minutes. Top with chopped tomatoes and drizzle 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over each mushroom cap. Serve and enjoy!
- You can use leeks in place of spring onions and parsley rather than basil.
- Spice it up with a pinch of chilli flakes or a teaspoon of smoked paprika.