Spicy Frittata with Spinach and Olives
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 12-13 mins
Recipe serves 1
per serving (full recipe)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
¼ teaspoon sea salt, divided
⅛ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, washed well and spun dry
50 g soft goat cheese or feta, sliced or crumbled
6 pitted Kalamata or Nicoise olives, halved
6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375⁰F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and half of the salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high. When hot, add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for 2 minutes (do not let brown). Add the spinach and remaining salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour the eggs into the pan, and reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle cheese and olives evenly over the top. Cook until the edges of the eggs are just set, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer pan to oven, and bake until the eggs are cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
You may also like...