1. Eat Real Food.
2. Keep your carbs low.
3. Keep your healthy fats high.
4. If you eat a non-startchy vegetable, add some healthy fat.
5. If you eat a healthy fat, add some non-starchy vegetables.
6. Eat when you're hungry
7. Eat until your satisfied.
Daily Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
- Omega-3: look for a supplement that contains 250-500 mg EPA and DHA combined.
- Magnesium: 300 mg per day.
- Vitamin D: 600 IU (15 mcg/day)
- Iron: 10-14 mg per day
- Calcium: 1200 milligrams/day for men and pre-menopausal women (1500 mg/day for post-menopausal women)
- Zinc: 15 to 30 mg per day.
- B Vitamin Complex: 400 to 800 mcg methylfolate (B9), 1,000 mcg methylcobalamin (B12) per day.
How to build a Ketotarian meal
At each meal choose 1 Protein + 2 Fats + 1 Carb
5 Day Ketotarian Meal Plan
At meal times, rotate protein sources to increase dietary diversity. Add in fish and/or seafood whenever possible.